Saturday, May 17, 2008

benbroken



With all respect to Arlo Guthrie.
"I proceeded on down the hall gettin more injections, inspections,
detections, neglections and all kinds of stuff that they was doin' to me
at the thing there, and I was there for two hours, three hours, four
hours, I was there for a long time going through all kinds of mean nasty
ugly things and I was just having a tough time there, and they was
inspecting, injecting every single part of me, and they was leaving no
part untouched. " Alice's Restaurant 1967

This has not been the greatest week. Earlier this week my back decided to tie itself in knots. I was informed by a massage therapist that it was in such bad shape that I should just paddle out on a surfboard and let the sharks eat me. My chiropractor had somewhat more encouraging words, and thinks he can get me back to "my normal", which is marginal at best. Too many years of working retail and bad posture catching up. Having too much fun could also have something to do with it. I play. I fall down. My back goes boom.

Several weeks ago, my spot doc (dermatologist) found a place that she wanted to remove "just to be sure". Yesterday was the day. Nothing quite like getting a knife in an already whacked back. Insult to injury. All those years working on a "healthy tan".......turns out that it was not such a good thing! (More on sun care in a future blog.)

Yesterday was ride your bike to work day. I couldn't do it because of my back and the doctors appointments. It really bummed me out. I did stop by the rally downtown, to help support the cause, but I felt guilty not riding to work. I will try to make up for it another time. I promise.

Friday afternoon, some people are off to happy hour, I'm off to see the Chiropractor for the second time this week. Due to the mornings spot removal he was limited in what he could do.
He put me on "the rack" and bent me around a bit. I felt pretty happy. Maybe it was the rack. Maybe it was muscle relaxers or the 800mg of Advil kicking in. Hopefully, I can get rid of this hitch in my getalong soon.

Anyway....still on the right side of the flower garden, and trying to keep it that way! Has anyone seen my ice pack?

No comments: