Monday, March 23, 2009

closing day

Sarah and I went to Ski Roundtop for closing day. Considering all the warm weather recently the conditions were pretty good. We started the day out on the telemark skis, and ended up in a posse of about 8 locals that invited us to ski with them. Turns out that they are friends with some people Sarah and I know from Camelback , so that was pretty cool.
They quit for lunch and Sarah and I switched to our snowboards for the rest of the day. It was hard to stop knowing it was the last day, but finally around 4 hunger got the better of us and we came off the hill. Some of our new tele friends were tailgating in the parking lot and we hung out to chat for a few minutes. We met "Big Daddy"(the head groomer)and he offered to take me out in the snow cats next year. It is something I've always wanted to do, so I might just take him up on it.
It has been a great season locally, but is always sad to leave a ski area on closing day.


Thanks Roundtop, can't wait til next year!





No comments: