Tuesday, February 10, 2009

wv triathlon

Another great West Virgina weekend.
Sarah and I spent Sunday at Timberline snowboarding with Mike and Christi. The morning started out rainy, but by late morning the skies cleared and we all enjoyed an afternoon of soft mushy snow.

Sarah and I stayed over Monday, and did a West Virginia Triathlon. We started out the day on the snowboards and carved up some phat grooves in the morning cord.















We spent the afternoon on the telemark gear. Sarah is skiing really well. Me....I suck. I'm having a timing problem switching my skis when I cross the fall line. According to the instructors, the skis should be parallel with each other as they cross the fall line. I still want to push the new downhill ski around too early. We still had fun and maybe I'm just trying too hard. Maybe it will come with more time on the skis......maybe not.
















We left Timberline after last chair and went over to White Grass for a quick x/c ski around the snow farm just before dark. There were a couple of places where we had to play connect the trail, as well as navigate around some old cow pies. Hmmm............wonder what kind of wax works well on old cow turd? Better ask Chip about that one. He probably knows. Sarah had a little ( well maybe major) boot problem; not only did she had a free heel, but a free toe as well.
The short trip around the snow farm was the perfect punctuation to a perfect day.














'Til next time, keep on sliding and smiling.


No comments: